GARLIC MUSHROOMS SERVED WITH LITTLE MILK COMPANY BRIE TOAST
This recipe includes well-seasoned mushrooms that are cooked with butter, garlic and thyme and served on top of melty Little Milk Company brie-covered toast.
Perfect for a quick bite to eat when you are rushing out the door, because after all what could be better than a super-fast veggie lunch.
- 2 Large slices of bread, cut in half
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 8 regular mushrooms, sliced
- Large pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 170g (6oz) of Little Milk Company Brie, sliced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Lightly toast the bread on both sides under a grill (broiler)
- Heat the butter and oil in a small frying pan/skillet. Place the mushrooms in the pan and fry on a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms turn brown and have a little crisp.
- Turn down the heat and stir in the salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 1 more minute then turn the heat to very low.
- Place the slices of Little Milk Company Brie on the toast and put back under the grill to melt. Once melted, place on two plates.
- Strip two of the thyme sprigs of the little leaves and stir through the garlic mushrooms. Spoon on top of The Little Milk Company Brie, then top each toast slice with a sprig of thyme and a grind of black pepper. Enjoy!