With its immunity boosting garlic and antioxidant-rich broccoli, please meet your anti-cold and flu season soup. And has the added bonus of being really tasty and quick to make!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
• 4 cups broccoli florets and stem (just cut off the toughest bit at the end) chopped fairly
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 cups chopped, peeled potato
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1 glug olive oil
• 4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 cup Little Milk Company Mature cheddar
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan but our Vintage Cheddar works just aswell here
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sautee onion and garlic in a dutch oven or other large, heavy-bottomed pot for about 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add vegetables and stock and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. In small batches, ladle the broth and vegetables into your blender and puree. Pour each batch into a bowl as you go. Pour the puree back into your pot.
4. Over medium heat add milk and cheese and stir until the cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread.