Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with BLUE CHEESE!
Health Benefits: Dates are full of anti-oxidants, help reduce blood pressure, good for blood sugar balance and a natural brain booster!
1. 15 dates, pitted
2. 1 x 125g Little Milk Company Organic Cashel Blue, cut into 15 pieces
3. 5 slices bacon, cut into thirds lengthwise
4. ½ cup maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 200°C
2. Make an incision on the side of each date and insert the blue cheese. Squeeze the date shut to secure. Wrap each date with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
3. Line an oven tray with parchment or silicone mat.
4. Roast in oven for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the bacon starts to crisp. Turn the dates over and cook 5 to 6 minutes more.
5. Remove dates from the oven and brush both sides with maple syrup. Return dates to the oven until they are crackly and sticky, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.